Nuna Pipa VS Uppababy Mesa
Nuna Pipa and Uppababy Mesa are the two best infant car seat options that every parent craves! Dear parents, if you are searching for the best infant car seat for your kids then you can buy from Nuna Pipa or Uppababy Mesa. But parents get confused to pick the best one between them so check out the article to get Nuna Pipa VS Uppababy Mesa – Car Seat Comparison 2022.
Nuna Pipa and Uppabay both car seat brands are highly rated and offer the best quality car seat and strollers for infant kids. They have the best settings for their infant car seat so a lot of families are fond of the brands.
The UPPAbaby MESA and Nuna PIPA are both highly rated for their safety and ease. Still, we are making a comparison round to clarify which one will be the winner between Nuna Pipa VS Uppababy Mesa. Let’s check out the comparison part and determine the best one!
- Bundle includes: Full VISTA V2 stroller, 1 MESA Infant Car seat
- Enjoy a softer ride of the VISTA V2 pushing one child (or three) over any ground surface thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires
- The toddler seat has a sliding shoulder adjustment, the entire harness system can be tightened or loosened in a singular motion for a precise fit for growing babies.
- Mesa Infant Car seat attaches directly to VISTA and CRUZ strollers without adapters
- Mesa Infant Car seat has Smart Secure system installs in seconds
Nuna Pipa VS Uppababy Mesa – Which One is Better
If you have been hunting for the perfect and best quality car seat for your kids then you are on the right blog! These two seats are almost the same in many aspects, but they have some differences that might also help you out to pick the right one for you between them.
This article will mention everything that you need to know about the Nuna Pipa vs. UPPAbaby Mesa infant car seats. Read the entire article for complete knowledge.
Nuna Pipa Car Seat
Let us first introduce the Nuna Pipa car seats. This car seat is incomparable when it comes to the fact of safety. Why? Because they have awesome safety features that every parent loves!
This car seat has all of the standard safety features that are comfortable enough. They have included front and rear impact protection as well as a 5-point harness.
We have checked out the consumer report and the consumer report says that the seat’s steel leg lessened the chance of head injury during any accident crash by 46%.
The seat is extremely easy to use which made the car much safer than any other car seat on the market. You will get extra safety features from this car seat brand so your baby will be safe!
The Nuna Pipa car seat also has a multitude of adjustment settings to make the perfect fit. For example, various load leg positions to accommodate more vehicles and rotating LATCH connectors to ensure the seat is properly fitted.
You also have the option to angle the base in four different positions to let you find the perfect position for your children. Ahh, all the lovely features!
Another unique feature that has made the Nuna Pipa famous is the “dream drape” cover that protects your infants from the sun’s harmful UV rays as well as other weather elements like rain and wind. Many car seats have covers that offer comparable benefits, however, the dream drape uses magnets instead of Velcro or buttons to attach to the seat.
They have some of the best strollers to add to your car seat, in addition to all of these wonderful car seats and their features, Nuna’s four strollers are compatible with the Nuna Pipa infant car seat.
Nuna Pipa’s newest additions include car seats and strollers that are suggested for infants and are authorized for air travel. This car seat has a minimum weight of 4 pounds and a maximum weight of 35 pounds.
And one more thing. Your kid will have outgrown the child car seat when they reach 32 inches in height limits. The car seat also included a crumple zone that absorbs impact and lessens the risk of force that impacts the baby. You can consider this one of the safest car seats on the market!
Kid’s car seats are essential when you become a parent as you have to take proper care of them. And buying car seats like Nuna Pipa can be a lifesaver. Nuna believes that style and safety should never be compromised, therefore the Nuna Pipa car seat is designed to fill the void.
Features of Nuna Pipa Infant Seats
- Five-point harness for complete security & heavy-duty base shell
- Secure and simple 5-second install
- Light ergonomic handle & Premium micro-knit fabric
- It comes with a comfortable insert for little kids and a mesh window for the kid
- Dream drape canopy to provide shade & pairs perfectly with Nuna car seat adapters
- Greenguard Gold Certified & FAA-certified for use on an aircraft without a base
- Side impact protection on the seat and headrest
- Fold-down leg rests to give stability during traveling
- Car seat weight: 7.9 lbs (14 lbs with canopy & attachments) & child height limits up to 32”
- Size: 25.2″L x 17.5″W x 26.1″H.
- One of the smallest and lightest infant car seats
- Installs quickly with 2 rigid latches
- Maximum coverage is provided by a wide canopy
- it’s compatible with a variety of strollers to establish a travel system
- Stunning leatherette detail on the carry handle.
- The proper recline level is determined by the blue line on the car seat parallel to the ground. It may require the use of a towel or pool noodle to fix the angle of your car.
- There is no additional anti-rebound system in Canada [there is a load leg on US PIPA car seats exclusively]. Basically, all car seats in Canada, with or without additional features, must meet very high anti-rebound rotation standards.
- The base is lengthy, which may generate conflict in some vehicles with shorter seats.
- Manual adjustment of shoulder straps when your kid grows.
UPPAbaby Mesa Car Seat
- Includes: 1 MESA Infant Car seat and 1 MESA base
- Suitable for infants 4–35 lbs and up to 32” in height
- SMARTSecure system installs in seconds, Adjustable headrest with Side Impact Protection
- Attaches directly to VISTA, CRUZ, VISTA V2, and CRUZ V2 strollers without adapters
- UPF hideaway canopy, Easily removable and washable seat fabric
Now it’s time to talk about the other one, The UppaBaby Mesa car seat for kids. This one is sleek and stylish, as well as they also have superior safety ratings and is considered one of the easiest installation car seats in town!
Why you should pick this one? Because they have the most comfort zone for your kids and they have all the features that you expect from a baby product brand.
The first goos sign is the Mesa vehicle seat can be installed with or without the base, and when the seat is properly secured, the tightness indicator on the seat turns from red to green. A unique feature!
The Uppababy infant seats offer side impact protection and an adjustable headrest made of expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam that can be adjusted for comfort. The Mesa children’s seat does not have a steel stability leg like the Nuna, but they have a star rating because of its ease of use from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The UPPABaby seat only weighs about eight pounds and that is why it is considered the lightest whereas the Britax includes 11.5 pounds. The car seat has a non-slip handle on the UPPABaby to keep the position, and the form is meant to rest pleasantly on your arm.
With a weight limit of 35 pounds compared to the Nuna Pipa’s 32 pounds, the UPPABaby Mesa slightly edges out the Nuna Pipa in terms of gaining the most use out of the vehicle seat. Though there is no massive difference, the extra three pounds means you can use this seat far into toddlerhood, especially when it comes to the matter of small kids.
- Made of breathable and moisture-wicking fabric & easy to remove
- SMART Secure system
- Integrated Side Impact Protection and adjustable no-rethread headrest
- Folding canopy to Offer shade
- Adjustable, foam-padded headrest
- The harness buckles storage pockets
- Attaches to VISTA and CRUZ strollers without adapters
- SPF hideaway canopy; carry handle with stroller release button
- Car seat weight limit 9 lbs (9.9 lbs with canopy & attachments) & child height limit up to 32”
- Size: 25.8”L x 17”W x 23”H.
- Features a self-retracting latch system to get a tight install
- Confirms proper install and angle by Red/green indicators in multiple spots
- Features a canopy with Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 25+
- An added layer of Side Impact Protection
- No re-thread harness is easy & the base has height adjustments built-in
- The use of pool noodles or rolled-up towels is also allowed when necessary.
- You have to push the handle forward every time to operate as an anti-rebound mechanism and this is bothersome
- The canopy is on the touch of a smaller side
- Not compatible with other strollers except Uppababy strollers.
Difference Between Nuna Pipa vs. UPPAbaby Mesa
Though there are many similarities between the two-car seat brands, there are certain variances that set them apart. The Nuna Pipa car seat weighs 7.9 lbs, meanwhile, the UPPAbaby Mesa weighs 9 pounds. Nuna Pipa is much heavier with attachments, weighing lbs, and on the other hand, UPPAbaby Mesa is 9.9 lbs.
UPPAbaby Mesa contains a no-rethread harness, but Nuna Pipa requires rethreading every time when the harness is detached. Similar to UPPAbaby Mesa, Nuna Pipa has fold-down leg support. So we hope you understand the biggest difference between them.
Uppababy Mesa & Nuna Pipa Comparison
- An industry first, UPPAbaby Mesa's smart secure auto-retracting mini latch connectors combined with a red to green tension indicator window provides parents
- Infant carrier not included
- Streamlined, low-profile base. Fits all year MESA infant car seats.
- Smooth, finished base bottom won't damage car interiors
- Red-to-green tightness indicator.ABS plastic and metal construction Dimensions Infant Car Seat: 25.8”L x 17”W x 23”H ; Car Seat on Base: 28”L x 17”W x 25”H ; Base: 21.3”L x 14.5”W x 10.3”H (lowest level), 13”H (highest level)
Child Car Seat Price
Let’s check the costs of Nuna and Uppababy infant seats. The UPPAbaby MESA and Nuna PIPA have almost the same starting prices of $299.99 and $319.95, though both brands got some more expensive models of their kid’s car seats. As they’re manufactured with merino wool instead than polyester, two colors of the UPPAbaby MESA Henry Blue Marl and Jordan Charcoal Gray cost an extra $50.
If you are interested then you should know that The Henry and Jordan MESAs contain no extra flame retardant chemicals because merino wool is naturally fire-resistant. Merino wool also assists in the regulation of body temperature, keeping the kid cool on the hot summer day or warm on cold winter days.
Because of their materials, the Nuna PIPA Lite variants are considered a little more expensive. The PIPA Lite versions are manufactured with a special foam that is lighter and more flexible than most car seats.
Because of its magnetic “Dream Drape” cover and merino wool fabric, the LX and RX variants cost $50 more than the Lite. If we consider the added features, then the RELX base on the PIPA Lite R and PIPA Lite RX also adds $50.
Child Car Seat Height & Weight
Nuna PIPA Lite car seats are the lightest all over the market, weighing 2-4 pounds less than the majority of car seat manufacturers. The canopy and insert, which generally add 1.5 pounds to the seat’s weight, are actually not included in Nuna’s weight estimations.
All the infant car seats have almost the same height and weight limits and can be used for up to a year. But using the car seat actually depends on the kid’s growth. The MESA car seat has a height limit of 4 to 35 pounds; 32″, meanwhile the PIPA Series has a height limit of 4 to 32 pounds; 32″.
Child Car Seat Safety Ratings
Both the UPPAbaby MESA and Nuna PIPA series are highly rated car seat brands throughout the whole marketplace of kid’s car seat products. The PIPA has a higher crash protection rating and the MESA has higher ease of use rating. Consumer Reports monitors car seats individually for its “basic, better, best” crash safety ratings.
You will be happy to know that The Nuna PIPA received the “best” rating for crash protection. Where the UPPAbaby MESA received a “better” grade and of course they have achieved everyone’s love. The RELX base and the other Nuna car seat types have not been tested by Consumer Reports.
Consumer Reports observed that the Nuna PIPA contains a “load leg,” a steel stability leg. Also, the car seat settings lowered the risk of injury by 46 percent in a crash or during an accident.
On the other hand, The MESA received a small advantage in Consumer Report’s overall rankings. You will be satisfied with the ease of use and compatibility with the LATCH system and seat belt installation.
We have found a lot of positive reviews and they have praised the MESA’s indicators, labeling, and no-rethread harness, and overall they have got a score of 72. The PIPA received 67 out of 100 scores. Consumer Reports stated in some circumstances that the car seat could not be placed with the seat belt.
As three out of four infant seats are used incorrectly, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) rates car seats mostly on their ease of use rather than their crash protection. The NHTSA checks the instructions and labeling, and also the installation and safety of children. Because all of them are necessary.
Both the car seat brands are excellent if we consider the safety rating. but among them, The UPPAbaby MESA received the highest overall score of a five star rating whereas the Nuna PIPA received a four-star rating.
In the case of Nuna Pipa, The NHTSA highlighted the lack of pictures and labels. As well as the requirement to remove and rethread the harness through its slots for height adjustments and cleaning.
So that’s all about the comparison round between Uppababy Mesa Vs Nuna Pipa! Now, we hope you can determine which one is best for you! Both the Nuna Pipa and the UPPAbaby Mesa are high-quality car seats for children that are secure, comfortable, and trustworthy.
We have mentioned everything about these two brands. Now you can pick the best one according to your choice. We don’t believe there will be a single winner. Consider them both to be high-quality car seat companies because they have various characteristics that parents may appreciate. Pick the one that you love!
Q. Are Nuna Pipa and Uppababy Mesa good brands?
Ans. Nuna and Uppababy are two highly-rated brands all over the world because of their excellent baby car seat and popular stroller products. They have all the comfort zone and safety features that every parent expects from a baby products brand.
We discovered that the Nuna Pipa car seat got high ratings for both quality and ease of use. Whilst Nuna Pipa is on the more expensive end of the infant car seat market, reviewers and parent testers agreed that the quality, ease of installation and usage, and comfort for small ones make it worthy enough.
On the other hand, if you have enough money to spend on a premium car seat, then we suggest the UPPAbaby MESA. They have some unique and additional features that will make you fall in love with the infant seat and we really like the natural wool fabric, which is free of harmful chemicals and more breathable for children.
Except for these, they are also the best baby stroller brands on the market. They have the perfect lightweight stroller and adjustable stroller as well as the advanced safety features on their products that made them stand out.
Q. How long can a baby use the Nuna Pipa Car Seat?
Ans. Nuna Pipa is a trusted company known for its high-quality car seats. The Nuna Pipa is a baby car seat developed for the first year of your kid’s growth.
Nuna Pipa car seats are recommended for children aged 12 months and above. To give you a better impression of fit, the child’s weight and height limits are 32 lbs and 32″ accordingly. They have some excellent comfort features that will give you extra protection during the complete period of time.
Q. How long can kids use UPPAbaby MESA?
Ans. If you’re asking for an Uppababy Mesa timespan, we’ve uncovered that the Uppababy car seat can be used for approximately up to one year. You can safely carry your child in the car seat for at least one year.
The UPPAbaby MESA has a 35-pound weight restriction as an infant seat, and most newborns will outgrow it once they reach 32 inches in height and when the distance between the top of the baby’s head and the top of the car seat is less than an inch. The excellent thing is that your child will be perfectly comfortable in the car seat because of the amazing safety features.
Q. What are the safest car seats in 2022?
Ans. There are a lot of car seat brands in the market and among them, we have gathered the high-quality car seats 2022 that will keep your kids safe, comfortable, and cool during any journey. Let’s take a look at the best car seats that you can pick for your kids.
We have researched this topic for a certain period of time. After that, we have made a list of the best car seats that are the safest and most comfortable products for kids.
If you are looking for the best and safest car seats then Graco Extend2Fit, Chicco KeyFit 35, Chicco MyFit Harness + Booster, Maxi-Cosi Rodifix, or you can also check the Nuna Pipa or Uppababy Mesa car seats.
Q. Which brand of baby car seat is best?
Ans. There are some brands that are manufacturing excellent quality baby vehicle seats. We have made a list of the best car seat brands. You can pick from any of them to keep the baby comfortable and safe during the travel time.
You can take a look at the Chicco KeyFit 30 which is the best overall baby car seat, you can check Britax B-Safe Gen2, UPPAbaby MESA, Doona Car Seat & Stroller, Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 or Nuna PIPA Infant Car Seat & Base is also a good one. All of them have excellent features like adjustment options, comfortable fabrics, and more.