How to Install Britax Car Seat Base
When you buy an infant car seat, the first thing you should know is how to install the car seat base. Yes, today’s article will share a How to Install Britax Car Seat Base – Proper guideline. Because installation matters the most for your kid’s safety!
A vehicle manufacturer uses the best parts to keep the kid secure in the car seat. Secure installation is the first priority so this article will go through this topic! You should have an idea about the proper installation and if you don’t then this article is definitely for you!
So you have a newborn baby but somehow you have to perform your other duties. Now, what to do? How to keep the kid safe in a car seat like Britax? To explain step-by-step solutions, we are writing this article! Read the entire article to know How to Install Britax Car Seat Base!
#10 Best Britax Car Seat
Britax Car Seat
- 10 Years of Use: One4Life convertible to booster car seat grows with your child from 5 – 120 lbs and up to 63” tall
- Install Confidently: With ClickTight Installation, you’ll know it’s right in 3 easy steps: Open, thread & buckle, click it closed.
- One4Life: Converts from a rear-facing infant car seat, to a forward-facing 5-point harness, to a high-back belt-positioning booster
- Britax Safety: High strength steel frame & crumple zone help absorb crash energy; patented v-shaped tether
- Full Body Protection: 2 layers of side impact protection surround the head, neck & torso
Let’s share a few things about the Britax car seat. Britax can be a regular or convertible car seats style. All Britax car seats are undergone comprehensive quality and safety tests and are unquestionably safe. You will see that extra security is provided by their safety features, which include a five-point harness, side-impact protection, a Latch seat belt system, and a ClickTight system.
Britax is a fantastic brand that produces some of the best car seats on the market. It offers good safety for both car seats and strollers and they will make sure that your child is completely safe!
Britax B-SAFE GEN2
- 2 IN 1 CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT: easily transitions from rear-facing mode to forward-facing mode as your child grows from baby to toddler
- PREMIUM SOFT TOUCH FABRIC: 4-way stretch athleisure fabric is comfortable and easy to clean
- INSTALL CONFIDENTLY: with ClickTight, you know it's right in just 3 easy steps: open, buckle, close
- BRITAX SAFETY: high strength steel frame & Crumple zone help absorb crash energy; patented V-shaped tether
- FULL BODY PROTECTION: 2 layers of side impact protection surround the head, neck & torso
So we are starting our installation part with the Britax B-SAFE GEN2. The Britax B-Safe Gen2 has a strong shell that secures your kid from flying debris and also offers better legroom and an easier to modify and install base.
Britax has added its unique SafeCell Impact Protection to the base, allowing the tiniest riders to make use of this technology. These characteristics, combined with other creature comforts, result in a feature-rich rear-facing only car seat. Best among all!
- Vehicle seat belt lock-off on the base
- SafeCell impact protection
- Easily accessible belt path for baseless installation
- Optional head pillow for babies under 11 pounds
- Premium push-button lower anchor connectors with metal loops for increased flexibility
- Smooth, plush cover
- Steel frame in the base
- Safe Wash cover
- Extra-large canopy.
CSFTL Quick Stats
- Weight range: 4-35 pounds
- Height range: up to 32 inches tall
- Lowest harness position: 5.5 inches, 4.5 inches with the optional head pad
- Two buckle positions: 3.5 and 5.5 inches
- Weight (carrier only): 10.6 pounds
- Weight (base): 9 pounds
- Can overhang the front edge of the vehicle seat by up to 3 inches
- Expiration: 6 years
- Handle position: Allows any locked position in the vehicle
- Shell height: 19.5 inches
- Width at widest point: 17 inches
- Front to back: 26 inches (Various during the installation process)
- Width at front of base: 12 inches
Britax B-SAFE GEN2 Installation with the Base
- Easy installation: Patented click tight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 14 position harness with click and safe, snug indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Ride comfortably: Cool flow ventilated mesh fabric improves air flow to ensure added comfort. Sponge clean the shell using warm water and mild soap
- Surrounded in safety: 2 layers of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; dimensions: 23 x 20.5 x 23.5 inches (LxWxH)
Now let’s talk about the installation with the base. The anchor wiring is positioned in the center of the base, and each of the lower anchor connectors is altered by these two webbing straps. Most probably these car seat is a little more unique than any other infant car seat. They can be released by pressing the red button on the base’s top.
The B-Safe Gen2 with the base is installed in the same way as the older version of this Britax seat. Remove the lower anchors from their storage positions on the base’s side and place the base on the car seat with the lower anchors directed backward.
To release the webbing, press the red button on the top of the base, then link each lower anchor to the lower anchor in the vehicle. now you have to pull the lower anchor webbing on the center of the base with one hand and press down on the base with another. From an extra pull, the car seat installation will properly stay.
The Britax car seat base includes a steel-reinforced lock off which is quite easy to use. You have to place the base on the car seat in a way that the tallest section of the base faces the back of the vehicle.
Pull out the seat belt just far enough to fit the width of the cat seat base after confirming that the lower anchors are put in their convenient storage places on the base.
The vehicle seat belt should be inserted through the seatbelt line on the base, then tightened. Use your one hand to press down on the top of the base while pulling the shoulder section of the seat belt tight.
Put the pressure on the base after the belt is secure. After that, you have to slide the shoulder section of the seat belt through the lock-off until it stops moving. You are done!
Britax B-SAFE GEN2 Installation without the Base
For the user’s benefit, we are also sharing the installation process without the base. Now we are sharing the installation without the car base. The belt path is well-marked and convenient for everyone.
This car seat is an excellent option for parents that use ride-share vehicles or who find themselves installing the seat without the base. Although this seat lacks Euro routing (where the shoulder part of the seat belt goes around the back of the carrier), the installation part depends only on the car seats belt’s lap portion.
You have to set the carrier on the car seat with the harness facing the back of the vehicle to connect using this procedure. Before inserting the lap section through the belt path, make sure the white reclining angle indicator line is parallel to the ground.
Now, buckle the seat belt, press down on the carrier to eliminate the slack from the seat belt. Continue to press down and pull on the seat belt’s shoulder section until it is secure. After that, use one hand to hold the seat belt in place, reach behind and draw the length of the seat belt from the car’s retractor.
The shoulder section of the belt should be recycled back into the car and make sure the car is tightly and securely installed. To remove the last few clicks of slack from the belt, you will need to press down one more time. That’s all! Follow these ultimate travel flexibility guidelines and keep your kid safe! Let’s take a look shortly at the installation process of the Britax Car Seat.
Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Installation with the Base
- Easy installation: Patented click tight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: 14 position harness, 2 position buckle for a comfortable fit as your child grows
- Relax and recline: 7 recline positions ensure comfort and the best vehicle installation angle
- Surrounded in safety: A layer of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; dimensions: 23 x 18.5 x 23.5 inches (LxWxH); shoulder width 16 inch
Britax car seats have the unique ClickTight system, which offers a range of configurations based on whether you want your seat to be front-facing or rear-facing. Though Britax refers to it as ClickTight rather than LATCH in the user instructions, it is a similar safety feature that attaches the car seat to the vehicle’s physical frame.
However, It’s much easier if you want to link the strap to your car’s seat belt system. If you want to start the Britax Convertible car seat installation process, make sure your child’s car seat is in the forward-facing position and only if the kid fits the height and weight requirements.
You have to properly follow all the instructions regarding the installation process. Follow the guideline properly to install the Britax car seat with the base.
Start by adjusting the harness at the hips. There are 2 choices for positions. One is the standard position and the other one is additional room. The extra room or additional option is only available for children aged 2 and up.
After adjusting the harness, you can adjust the buckle by moving it to the forward buckle position. The Britax convertible car seat is now ready to be installed. You can use the seat belt or the lower anchor (LATCH) system to secure your car seat.
Seat Belt Installation
If you want to install the car seat by using the seat belt, place the car seat in the forward-facing position. The seat belt should then be pulled through the forward-facing beltline. Then, the seat belt should be buckled and latched.
Press down firmly to tighten by using your body weight. After that, you have to connect the tether on the back of the car seat to your tether anchor and tighten it to prevent forward movement in the case of a car accident.
LATCH System Installation
For the LATCH system Installation place the car seat in the forward-facing position first. You have to make sure that the lower anchor attachments are connected to lower anchors. Firmly press down and tighten with your body weight.
To avoid forward movement during the case of a car accident, connect the tether on the back of your car seat to your tether anchor and tighten it properly. Easy, right? Yes, it is! You can easily complete the installation process. Keep your baby safe by completing the proper installation process.
Recline Britax Convertible Car Seat
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 14 position harness with Click and Safe Snug Indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Ride comfortably: Cool flow ventilated mesh fabric improves air flow to ensure added comfort. Care & cleaning: Hand wash
- Surrounded in safety: 2 layers of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base compresses to reduce the force of a collision
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; Dimensions: 23 x 18.5 x 23.5 inches (LxWxH)
We already shared the installation process. Now we are sharing more guidelines so that you don’t have to face any difficulties during the use of a vehicle car seat. Britax is a star rating car seat brand so you don’t have to worry about their quality of products because they have shared every solution to the difficulties.
Britax has the best quality infant seats. Because they have the SafeCenter latch system SafeCenter Latch Installation, they have a high-strength steel frame, an anti-rebound bar for the base, a crumple zone to absorb crash energy, a comfortable seat cover, vehicle seat belt, tether anchor location, carrier into the base, and of course they have the best travel-friendly car seat products in the market.
It’s important for your children’s safety. So your car seat should be positioned to the appropriate reclining angle. To put your car seat at the correct angle, you might have to use something like a rolled-up washcloth. Let’s share the step-by-step method.
Pull the strap to full length by pushing the adjustor release button after releasing the bottom connectors from the storage locations. Repeat it again. Then place the car seat in the rear-facing position and carefully recline it.
Before doing this, make sure the base is evenly pressed into the seat. Connect the lower connectors to lower attachment anchors. Proper attachment is a must! Then verify that the car is on level ground.
Also, you need to consider a few more things. For example, the car seat should be tilted at least 30 degrees away from vertical and up to 45 degrees away from vertical. If you want to put the car seat in the middle, use the blue line on the base as a guide. The blue line on the ground must be parallel.
Adjust Straps on a Britax Convertible Car Seat
Before adjusting the straps, you have to decide whether you’ll put your child in a rear-facing or forward-facing car seat. If you choose the rear-facing position, make sure the straps are adjusted at below shoulder level. And adjust the straps to be at above shoulder level when in the forward-facing position.
You have to loosen the harness and lift the harness adjuster lever first. The harness straps should be disconnected from the yoke just at the back of the car seat. Then cover one strap by pushing it through the shell.
After that, pull the harness strap to the rear of the car seat through the chosen harness slot. follow the same steps during the other straps. And then insert the right strap loop into the left strap loop and tighten them to the yoke securely.
Remove Britax Convertible Car Seat from the Base
Removing the Britax convertible car seat from the base is an easy method. You will have to follow just a few steps. The first thing, you have to pull and hold the release lever located on the back of the car seat. Then, lift the car seat from the base. Done!
Now, it’s time to conclude the entire article. We have shared the effective and easiest way of How To Install Britax Car Seat Base. If you follow our guidelines, you can easily complete the installation process of the Britax car seat. One more thing! Before buying the car seat, make sure you check out the product details, product description, product dimensions, and all the features.
So we hope you get benefit after reading this article. If you have any further queries about the installation part, then you can leave a comment below or ask any questions regarding this topic. Try the installation part and let us know whether our guidelines work or not.
Q. Is Britax easy to install?
Ans. Britax is one of the most popular car seat brands. They have the best quality car seats in the market that included high-end parts and of course the best features.
They have some car seats that are easy to install. The Britax Advocate is an easy-to-install convertible car seat. It can be used as both a rear-facing and forward-facing seat for infants and toddlers. It also has a 14-position customizable harness with a buckle that can be modified to fit any age of kids.
Q. Can I install Britax seats using both LATCH and the vehicle seat belt?
Ans. Basically, car seat Britax seats cannot be installed using both the latch and the car seat belt. So you must follow a different installation process.
Q. Can you use a Britax car seat without the base?
Ans. Yes, a Britax car seat can be used without the base. You must install the car seat in a different way if you want to install it without the base.
The Britax B-Safe features push-button lower anchor connectors and a seat belt lock-off, so it’s easy to install if your car has LATCH or not. Doesn’t matter at all! The B-Safe can be used without the base and will keep your child safe.
Q. Do you need an infant insert for the Britax car seat?
Ans. Britax is a well-known brand for producing high-quality car seats. We discovered that Britax already has newborn inserts.
Every B-Safe 35 Elite car seat comes with a lower-body infant insert that is optional for babies 4-11 lbs. Then you will get a buckle cover and harness strap covers. When the baby weighs more than 11 pounds, the newborn insert cushion should be removed.
Q. Is Britax the safest baby car seat brand on the market?
Ans. Britax is well-known for manufacturing the safest infant car seats. They have some unique features that have made them become the safest car seat brand on the market.
We picked the Britax – B-Safe Ultra as the safest infant car seat after two months of testing and detailed analysis. The Britax is super safe when it comes to superior crash safety features, but we recommend the compact Cybex – Aton2 because of its additional features. You can purchase Britax if you are looking for the safest car seats for your kids so that they can get the safest seating position and comfort.
If you really want to purchase a Britax car seat for safety then we recommend Britax One4Life ClickTight All-In-One Car Seat, Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat, Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat, Britax Allegiance 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat, Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat or B-Safe 35 infant seat, and Britax Highpoint 2-Stage Belt-Positioning Booster is also a great one.