Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride
Chicco and Graco both of them are both top-level infant car seat brands on the market. This article will give a complete review of Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride – Best Kiddo Carseat 2022. Though it’s tough to pick the best among Chicco and Graco, so we will try to make a comparison between them.
Parents always prefer the additional safety features and comfort zone of the infant car seat. Chicco Keyfit and Graco Snugride, both of them have unique features and are considered the best travel car seats in town. If you are confused about the right car seat between Chicco and Graco, we suggest you read the article to decide which one is better for your kid.
The infant car seat is considered the first stage of the car seat. So if you want to know which one is better between Chicco and Graco, you have to read the article. so, let’s have a look a the versus round between Chicco and Graco infant car seats.
Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride – Best Kiddo Carseat 2022
Baby car seats are essential for the parents when they start the journey of parenthood. We have researched a lot and the consumer reports say Chicco Keyfit and Graco Snugride both the car seats are star rating products.
So Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride Click Connect, let’s start talking about them individually. Before we start talking about car seats versus round ones, let us tell you what you should consider before buying a car seat.
The key features that you should check before purchasing are the safety features. After that, consider the ease of the installation process. In order to feel comfortable, the fabric quality is also an important part.
- CAR SEAT AND STROLLER COMBO – The Chicco Bravo Quick-Fold Stroller paired with the Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat creates a baby travel system.
- SEAMLESS TRANSITIONS – A removable seat and canopy transform the stroller to a lightweight infant car seat carrier and offers secure, click-in attachment via the child tray – no adapter needed.
- EASY TO USE | EASY TO STORE – With a compact, one-hand, smart fold design, the stroller stands independently without the push handle touching the ground. Large wheels with treaded tires and all-wheel suspension help navigate uneven terrain.
- INFANT CAR SEAT – Easy to install, the KeyFit 30 features premium LATCH connectors, a SuperCinch Force Multiplying Tightener, EPS energy-absorbing foam and removable head and body support, ideal for a newborn car seat.
- COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE – The Bravo Stroller features a one-hand, multi-position reclining seat, child tray with cup holders and large storage basket. A UPF 50+ canopy with peek-a-boo mesh window provides privacy and protection from the elements.
We’ll also go over some other details to think about before purchasing a car seat. You must also choose a good brand before purchasing an infant car seat. Because a low-cost brand will never produce a high-quality car seat.
No one actually prefers second-grade car seat products. So, no compromise when you buy a car seat! You should also purchase a car seat that has received the highest safety rating. All the car seats must meet National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) safety criteria for crash testing, labeling, and flammability are also important.
Another important fact is the pricing. Make sure the car seat is cost-friendly but if you have money to spend then you can go for a premium car seat. All of them are necessary parts to consider before buying your kid’s car seat.
Chicco is a well-known brand that comes in 1958. They sell kid’s products with a distinctly European sense of style from their base in Milan, Italy. They have some excellent baby gear products for the kids.
On the other hand, Graco is an American farm for infant goods. They manufacture strollers, entire travel systems, high-quality unique car seats, and more.
Today we will focus on Chicco Keyfit 30 and Graco Snugride 35 infant seat models. Now we will let you know about all the magical features of Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 Car Seat. Both of them are excellent travel car seats that will take your heart for sure!
As we said, it’s tough to pick the best one because both of them are the best car seats ever! But hopefully, you can define the best baby car seats for your kid.
5 Best Selling Chicco Keyfit Car Seat
|1||Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base | Rear-Facing Seat for Infants 4-30 lbs.| Infant Head and...||3,757 Reviews||$219.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Chicco KeyFit 35 Infant Car Seat and Base, Rear-Facing Seat for Infants 4-35 lbs, Includes Infant...||695 Reviews||$260.86||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Chicco Bravo 3-in-1 Trio Travel System, Bravo Quick-Fold Stroller with KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat and...||1,792 Reviews||$449.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Chicco KeyFit Infant Car Seat Base - Anthracite||6,529 Reviews||$109.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Chicco KeyFit Caddy Frame Stroller - Black | Black||1,248 Reviews||$109.99||Buy on Amazon|
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat
- CAR SEAT AND STROLLER COMBO – Luxury modular infant travel system includes the versatile Chicco Corso LE Stroller, the extended-use KeyFit 35 Infant Car Seat, base and car seat adapter for secure, click-in attachment.
- VERSATILE & LIGHTWEIGHT – Infant stroller offers four parent-facing & forward-facing strolling modes and a one-hand, free-standing compact fold. Removable toddler seat converts the stroller to a car seat carrier for a baby travel essential.
- LUXURY DETAILS – Premium leatherette accents, multi-position reclining seat, large wheels with foam filled rubber tires, a zip-extend canopy, extra-large storage basket and 2 expandable bottle pockets deliver style and convenience.
- INCLUDES INFANT CAR SEAT – The KeyFit 35 (for children 4-35 lbs.) features SuperCinch force-multiplying tightener, bubble level-indicators and one-hand leveling for easy, accurate install—every time. Includes newborn head and body support.
- EXTENDED REAR-FACING USE CAR SEAT – Easy-Extend Headrest System with no-rethread harness offers more headrest height, legroom and stability in the preferred rear-facing position, ideal for an infant travel system.
Let us tell you first about the Chicco beauty! The Chicco Keyfit 30 is one of Consumer Reports’ top-rated car seats. They do not have steel frames but they have the ability to keep your child safe. The Chicco KeyFit 30’S updated version is the KeyFit 35. The Chicco Keyfit 35 updated version is almost the same as the older one.
They have a 5-point harness which is the safest part. It’s also equipped with front and rear crash protection. They’ve also won the side impact protection tests. So, don’t worry about the safety tests. They can offer you the utmost child passenger safety all day!
To cover the carrier, KeyFit 30’s have used ESP energy-absorbing foam. There is a lot of energy that needs to be dispersed during an accident. So overall the car seat is an excellent one for kids as they have good materials and of course, they have got our love because of the additional safety standards.
However, if you buy the Chicco car seat, you will get a lot of advantages. First of all the extra padding on the side, then the side impact protection will also keep your kid comfortable all the time.
During the crash test performance, they have provided slightly super head protection at high speed. It’s a big part that made them stand out from car seats all over the market.
This car seat comes in different models – Regular, Zip, Zip Air, and Cleartex. They have included the All-Weather boot with velcro. The Zip has a zippered All-Weather Boot and a zippered visor extension.
If you are looking for an affordable car seat that offers excellent safety, we highly recommend the KeyFit 30. Because it is available at a reasonable price. It’s a quite easy-to-use car seat just slipping into the base with a satisfying ‘click.’
Overall, the building quality, fabric quality, and excellent little infant inserts are really fantastic as all of them are removable and perfect for little kids.
- The Best Infant Car Seat in the United States of America
- Simple, accurate, and secure car seat installation technique
- Compatible with all Chicco strollers
- Require extra adapters for different brands and models
- Two leveling bubbles and a spring-loaded leveling foot
- Premium LATCH connectors are included
- Compatible with Chicco strollers
- A carry handle with two positions and a one-handed handle adjustment/one hand release
- An adjustable infant head and body support insert is included
- Suitable for babies weighing 4-30 pounds and standing up to 30 inches tall
- A large, removable canopy provides sun protection
- The seat pad is machine washable for quick washing.
This Chicco baby gear is developed especially for infants. The minimum weight is fixed at 4 pounds for this child’s car seat and the maximum seat weight is fixed at 30 pounds. It’s perfect and best in the rear-facing mode. So, you can call this a rear-facing car seat as well.
Then, you have to change the upper height limit to restricted. So, when the highest weight restriction or maximum height limit is reached (30″), you have to change the car seat. If you do not use any base then the Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat weighs around 9 pounds.
As we have said, the Chicco Keyfit 30 is best for kids weighing 4 to 30 pounds and standing up to 30 inches tall. So, before buying your car seat, make sure you check the adaptability.
This child car seat is compatible with a variety of Chicco strollers, including the Bravo, Cortina, Cortina Together, Cortina Magic, Keyfit Caddy, Liteway Plus, Neuvo, Urban, and Activ3. You need adapters to combine the child car seat tub with other brands of strollers.
Material and Fabric
As we have said, you should consider the materials and fabric quality before purchasing a car seat. The Keyfit Infant Car Seat has all of the materials that can be removed effortlessly easy to wash and is machine washable.
You can wash the car seat fabrics easily. So, whatever the damage, it will be cleaned up pretty quickly. A good sign of a good car seat!
The installation process will say which one is much more easier and comfortable to use. Some car seats have a tough installation system so it becomes a hassle when you install the car seat.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 Car Seat is the easiest to install. It can be installed with the seat base through the vehicle seat belt. To install the base, you have to empty the spring-loaded leveler and place it on the seat until the bubble indicates the right position.
After that, you have to tighten the strap of the car seat by connecting the two locks. You are done! Now the leftover part is to attach the carrier. It will take just a few minutes. Do it and keep your kid safe.
Make sure you complete the correct installation. If you are confused about the installation process then you can check out the installation videos to make the perfect installation.
Cleaning and Appearance
The Keyfit car seat’s Zip’s shell is made of EPS energy-absorbing foam. You can remove the child’s car seat pad and also you can wash it easily. They have also included washable infant inserts and a bottom strap pad. The shoe boot and fabric covering can also be removed by the zipper and you can wash the car seat entirely.
What about the available colors of this car seat? They have Isle (emerald and grey), Hydra (teal and gray), Genesis (black and white), Black/Grey, and Avena (A Gray Pattern) available.
Things You Will Hate About Chicco Keyfit 30 Cat Seat
Some facts that you will hate about this Keyfit car seat are: The child car seat is American Belt Path Configuration. Just the American seat belt can be fastened without the base. Then the canopy is also on the small side, so you may need additional sun protection, and the car seat and stroller become worthless after your child outgrows the seat. But overall the child car seat is amazing!
Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 Car Seat
- Adjust handle with one hand, leaving other hand free
- Silent Shade canopy easily and quietly adjusts without disturbing baby
- InRight LATCH system for a one second LATCH attachment.Do not use bleach
- 4 position adjustable base lets you customize fit to your vehicle; Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- Easy to read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
Graco is another popular brand and their SnugRide SnugLock 35 car seat has replaced the older version of the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 car seat. They have used the click connect technology in the new version to link the base and compatible strollers.
The base is equipped with SnugLock technology, which employs an arm to offer a secure fit in the vehicle. This new lightweight child car seat is only 7.5 pounds. So you can carry it easily! The features of the Snugride are almost similar in many ways to the Chicco Keyfit.
It includes a 5-point harness to keep the kid safe and secure during an accident. The 5-point harness setting is actually a magical part of the car seat. It also features ESP foam, which absorbs energy. There is no danger of any horrible accident. So keep your kid safe in this car seat.
You will love the overall built quality of this child car seat as the seat portion of this child car seat is well-padded and where the crash test says that the child car seat can offer better protection and that’s completely fine in federal requirements.
The car seat has a very convenient red knob on the front of the seat base to adjust the car seat perfectly. You will be reclining in a comfortable position. Also, you can quickly adjust the seat as they grow.
The padding is identical to that of significantly larger and more expensive 3-in-1 seats. infant inserts as they’re well-padded and can support very small/premature newborns.
- SNUGRIDE PERFORMANCE: Infant car seat helps protect rear-facing infants 4-35 lb and up to 32"
- LIGHTWEIGHT CARRIER: Lightweight infant car seat weighs only 7.2 lb, making it easy to carry baby from car to stroller
- 4-POSITION ADJUSTABLE BASE: Helps ensure an accurate install and helps keep baby comfortable as he or she grows
- EASY-TO-READ LEVEL INDICATOR: Helps eliminate guesswork from the installation process, so you can feel confident it’s installed correctly
- PROTECTPLUS ENGINEERED: Helps protect your little one in frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes
- A lightweight Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat
- SnugLock Technology attaches to the vehicle seat belt or LATCH method
- Only perfect with Graco Click Connect compatible stroller
- Require adapters for other infant seat models and brands
- Includes a storage pocket and instruction booklet
- A five-point harness that is front-adjustable
- 4 recline positions adjustable base
- EPS energy-absorbing foam
- Rotating canopy for sun protection to keep the baby safe
- Removable head and body supporters.
- Maximum seat weight limits: 4-35 pounds and maximum height limit 32 inches
- Won all the safety tests with good results and ensure the child passenger safety.
5 Best Selling Graco Snugride Car Seat
|1||Graco SnugRide 35 Lite LX Infant Car Seat, Studio||6,226 Reviews||$119.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Infant Car Seat, Baby Car Seat, Oakley||3,327 Reviews||$224.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 LX Infant Car Seat, Baby Car Seat Featuring TrueShield Side Impact...||3,540 Reviews||$219.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Graco® SnugRide® SnugFit 35 DLX Infant Car Seat, Maison||105 Reviews||$229.97||Buy on Amazon|
|5||GRACO SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite Infant Car Seat, Nico||278 Reviews||$269.97||Buy on Amazon|
On the other hand, Snugride performs slightly better than Keyfit. The Graco car seat weight limit/restrictions range from 4 to 35 pounds. So, kids from birth to two or half years can use this infant seat.
The rear-facing mode of this car seat is necessary until 4 years old, which is for some European countries. So, if you have this one, you don’t have to buy a new one until 2 years of your kid. Without the harness, the Snugride Car Seat weighs 7.5 pounds. You can easily carry it wherever you go because it’s lightweight.
If we talk about the adaptability of the Snugride Click Connect 35 by Graco, It’s a 32-inch height baby carrier. The six recline positions on the five-point harness seat ensure the kids comfort zone! You can use any Graco Click Connect stroller with this car seat.
Material and Fabric
The seat material and fabric used by Graco car seats are almost comparable to those used by Chicco. All the seat materials are the same as the Chicco. It is easy and effortless to remove fabrics from the seat. No maintenance is required. You can also wash it in the washing machine.
They have manufactured the car seat cover in a way that you can clean it easily if by any chance your kid suffers from travel sickness. So the car seat has a washable cover. The main difference between the two is that the Sungride’s seat material isn’t as soft or silky. But it will be comfortable!
In the case of the Graco car seat, it works in a different manner. You have to use both the seatbelt and the latch system to get a secure installation. Try to push down with your knees to get it as tight as possible.
Also, you should pull the lever down once the straps are snug. If you hear the click sound, it’s completely installed. Just take some time to complete the task. Reminder, the car seat base has only 4 recline options.
Cleaning and Appearance
The Graco Snugride has a removable infant head support cushion and is lined with EPS energy-absorbing material. But you cannot remove the fabric of the car seat. So it will be a little tricky to wash.
The model has a limited color choice so you have to buy from them. Among them, in the market, you can find the pierce (a gray and black with some patterns) and Gotham (a gray and black with some patterns) are the two colors available (a darker gray and black).
What You Will Hate About Graco Snugride 35 Car Seat
- Enjoy face-to-face smiles by raising the Slide2Me seat or infant car seat to one of three height positions to find just the right ride as baby grows
- Reversible stroller seat can face parent or the world, for just the right ride as baby grows
- 3 strollers in 1: Infant Car Seat Carrier, Infant Pramette, and Toddler Stroller to stroll from infant to toddler
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Lite Elite Infant Car Seat, rear-facing for infants from 4-35 lb and up to 32" for an easy transition from car to stroller
- Expandable extra-large storage basket means more room for parent and baby essentials
As we know, nothing is perfect! There might be some flaws or imperfections! So in the case of this car seat, you will see the same! but they are not any major facts. The first thing you will hate is the breathability.
The car seat materials do not breathe much. So, your kid may sweat during the hot summer day. Then the canopy of this seat is small, and it does not pull forward to give your kid complete shade.
As there is no spirit bubble and each of the LATCH connectors must be tightened individually, it’s a little tough to make the perfect fit. So it will cause jumping and forth between fittings and modifying straps until reaching the balanced fit. But we hope you can adjust the seat. No worries!
Top Cover of Chicco and Graco Car Seat
If we talk about the coverage then both of them offer minimal coverage. Because the visors do not extend too far forward. Only the kid’s upper torso can be protected when the sun shines brighter.
Also, using both of the car seats will be challenging when you sail the kid’s seat during hot summer weather. Why? Because the car seat is not heat-resistant. If you do not use the car seat, make sure the visors can be zipped properly. Both of the car seats will be great when you live in a cool environment.
Graco Universal Infant Travel System Rain Cover, Baby Car Seat Stroller Weather Shield, Waterproof...
Buy on Amazon
Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Infant to Toddler Car Seat, with 10 Years of Use, Fairmont ,...
Buy on Amazon
Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat, Proof
Buy on Amazon
Graco Slimfit 3 in 1 Car Seat | Slim & Comfy Design Saves Space in Your Back Seat, Darcie
Buy on Amazon
Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 LX Infant Car Seat, Baby Car Seat Featuring TrueShield Side Impact...
Buy on Amazon
|1||Graco Universal Infant Travel System Rain Cover, Baby Car Seat Stroller Weather Shield, Waterproof...||838 Reviews||$22.99 $18.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Infant to Toddler Car Seat, with 10 Years of Use, Fairmont ,...||28,948 Reviews||$329.97||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat, Proof||21,206 Reviews||$139.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Graco Slimfit 3 in 1 Car Seat | Slim & Comfy Design Saves Space in Your Back Seat, Darcie||43,166 Reviews||$219.97||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 LX Infant Car Seat, Baby Car Seat Featuring TrueShield Side Impact...||3,540 Reviews||$219.99||Buy on Amazon|
Which One You Should Choose?
In between Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride, both of the car seats are an excellent choice for your kids! But the choice is yours! If you find Chicco comfortable then you can go for it! Or if you love the features and performances of the Graco then you should buy Graco Snugride.
After checking a lot of reviews, we have found most of them are fond of the snow boot and zippered fabric cover of the Chicco Keyfit Zip 30. Where some of them are in love with Graco because of the other facts like price, height, and carrier weight restrictions as they are offering more than Chicco Keyfit 30.
Chicco Keyfit 30 has an extra pound more than the Graco Snugride so Graco will be much more convenient to carry with your baby. So choosing a lightweight one should be much more preferable.
If we talk about the price range, then Chicco is more expensive than Graco. But features talks too! As Chicco has some excellent features like zippered cover and snow boots so they have the right to make it more expensive than any other car seat. As an alternative, you can use a warm blanket too.
Then the Graco Snugride baby carrier allows a child of two inches taller and five more pounds than the Chicco Keyfit 30. So it’s another significant part to consider if you compare the Keyfit 30 and Snugride 35. So you can use it more than the Chicco.
But you should always check the car seat settings first. In that case, we highly suggest buying a rear-facing seat as they are the safest mode of the car seat. Also, both of the car seats are convenient for city dwellers who never have their own vehicles.
We are giving you both of the car seats to pick the best one for you! We don’t want to choose the winner as both of them have the best features. You will definitely love their settings and features as they offer the highest safety and comfort. The Chicco Keyfit 30 have some significant performances whereas the Graco has some other features that made them stand out in the market.
So, we have completed the comparison part between Chicco and Graco car seats. Both of them have some similarities hence it will be a little tricky to pick the best among them. So, if you are searching for a high-end seat that is unique and available at a reasonable price, you can take a look at the Chicco Keyfit 30 or Graco Snugride 35. They will never make your kid uncomfortable throughout the entire journey!
Q. Which one is the best infant seat between Chicco Keyfit Zip 30 and Graco Snugride 35?
Ans. Actually, both of them are high-end car seat models from the two popular baby product brands Chicco and Graco. Chicco Keyfit Zip 30 and Graco Snugride 35 are both car seat models that have separate unique features that perform well. So, it depends on every individual’s choice.
We determine the best pick car seat by considering the child safety features, fabrics, ease of installation, and of course by checking the comfort zone. As the question is about Chicco Keyfit vs Graco Snugride so we are sharing some of their features and performances so that you can pick the right one for your kid. Chicco Keyfit 30 has some unique and extra features like zippered cover and snow boots.
On the other hand, Graco is lightweight and available at an average price or you can say available at a reasonable price. Both of them can offer comfort and safety but Chicco has some additional safety standards. If you have money to invest in the car seat then Chicco can be the first priority. But we won’t say Graco is in the second position as their performance took the consumer’s heart.
Q. What is the difference between the Chicco KeyFit and Keyfit 30?
Ans. In general, there aren’t many differences between Chicco KeyFit and Chicco KeyFit 30 infant seat models. Both car seats are extremely similar, however, there are a few little changes that separate them.
Changing the size is the major difference between the Chicco KeyFit and the Chicco KeyFit 30. The changes come from the upper height limitation. The Keyfit has a weight limit of 22 pounds, while the Keyfit 30 has a maximum limit of 30 pounds.
Q. What are the safety ratings for the Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride?
Ans. Chicco Keyfit Vs Graco Snugride both of them already passed the safety tests. They have the best additional safety features and safety devices for the kids. They have completed the crash test and the performances are great! also, both of them are recognized as the highest-rated car seats in the market.
These infant seats are highly rated in order to ensure safety. You will love the car seats because you can customize them to make them fit according to your needs. Both of the travel systems can be mounted to a stroller. All the safety standards will be available on the Graco Snugride and Chicco Keyfit 30.
Q. Do these infant seats include infant inserts?
Ans. Yes, both the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Graco Snugride include infant inserts. You can easily install the infant inserts with your Chicco and Graco infant seat.
The infant inserts’ aim is to make the travels safer and more pleasurable for your little kid. They ensure safety as they have the best safety features. Additionally, you can use the infant insert as preemie inserts.
Q. Does the Graco SnugRide need a base to install?
- Anti-Rebound Bar provides an additional layer of rear-facing safety
- SnugLock technology installs in less than one minute using vehicle seat belt or LATCH
- InRight LATCH provides a 1-second LATCH attachment for quick installation
- Adjustable base offers 5 recline positions, providing the right position for proper installation
- Easy-to-read bubble level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
Ans. The car seat can be installed without the infant car seat base. Like many other car seats on the market, you can Graco Snugride car seat without using the base.
Without the base, the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 LX can be attached. They have 3-across settings to help with the installation. And you can change the seats between vehicles on a daily basis and during the travel time.